phpMyAdmin is a free and opensource application for MySQL database management. It is one of the most popular web-based MySQL management tools for web hosting services. Written in PHP, phpMyAdmin gives users the ability to interact with their MySQL databases.
- Go to cPanel > Databases > phpMyAdmin
- Select database you wish to rename from the left hand column.
- Click on the Operations tab.
- Under the field “Rename database to:” enter the new database name.
- Click the Go button.
- Click OK to proceed
- Once the operation is complete, click OK when asked if you want to reload the database.
Note : Keep in mind that when you change the name of a database, you will have to reconfigure user permissions to continue referencing this database.
Re-configuring User Permissions.
We’ll need to reconfigure the user permissions, since the database has been renamed. Go back to the main cPanel page and click on MySQL Databases.
Scroll down to the Add User To Database section of the page. From the list, select the renamed database and the database user that used to be associated with this database. Then, click on the Add button.
On the Manage User Privileges page, check the box next to All Privileges and click on the Make Changes button.